We are enormously proud of our work with schools and our role in education.
Here are a few things you should know:
• We run the largest teen improvisation program in the United States. We have worked with literally tens of thousands of kids throughout the years.
• Our staff has taught in both public and private schools, preschool through 12th grade. We have taught in parochial and single-sex schools. We have taught as traveling artists and as regular classroom teachers.
• ComedySportz Artistic Director James Thomas Bailey is president of the California Educational Theatre Association (CETA), the association of professional theatre educators in the state of California.
• We are the recipient of the Hall of Fame Award from the California State Thespians and the Professional Artist Award from the California Educational Theatre Association.
• We've been tapped by the US State Department to teach educators in other countries.
• We perform for legislators at California Youth in Theatre Day, held in Sacramento every March.
• We run summer camps for kids of all ages, serving hundreds of happy campers every summer.
• We are proud members of the Educational Theatre Association, the Drama Teachers Association of Southern California, California State Thespians and the California Educational Theatre Associaton.
Here are the kinds of workshops we do for schools:
• Staff Development for teachers and staff on subjects like communication and teamwork
• Workshops for staff on innovation and dealing with change
• Leadership workshops for ASB officers and Parent-Teacher organizations
• Theatreworkshops to develop stage skills
• Presentation skills workshops for both students and staff
• Welcome activities for incoming students
• Workshops that include performances to leave them laughing
For more information or to book a workshop, email or call 323.871.1193.